Recently I wanted to play with one of my old PDAs, and its sync software requires a parallel port and Windows 98 environment. Virtual machine does not emulate the parallel port well. Because Thinkpad X41 is my oldest machine with a parallel port (on the dock), I tried to install Windows 98 SE on it.
It turns out X41 was too “new” for Windows 98. There are some driver issues that I can’t resolve. But for my purpose, the result is good enough. So I’m documenting the process here, hope it helps others.
Last year I bought a TaoTronics TT-BR06 Bluetooth Receiver to use with my iPhone. It works great, and the sound quality is fine. The only issue was that the volume was too loud. I am using it with a pair of Sony XBA-N3 earphone, it was uncomfortably loud even on the lowest volume.
Recently I looked up for this product on Amazon, and I found a review that mentions a modification that can adjust its output gain. I tried it and it worked like a charm. So I’m documenting this mod here. Maybe it also applies to other similar brands of Bluetooth receivers. So if you have similar problems, you can have a try.